JOB DESCRIPTION WITH VIDEO [HYBRID]
- Job ID: 00008888
- Job Family: Marketing
- Location: , US
- Other Locations:
Shape your future. Create a Better Tomorrow. ++++++++
At Southern California Edison, we’re modernizing the electric grid to support California’s transition to a cleaner and sustainable future. We have a bold mission to create a cleaner, healthier, more prosperous California. Achieving that dream takes a diverse team of skilled trade and craft specialists. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. That’s why we need Transmission Journeyman Lineman who have a pioneering spirit. SCE is a place where you can grow personally and professionally while enriching the quality of life for almost every resident and business in Southern California. We’re industry leaders and professionals passionate about high performance for our customers and each other.
As a Transmission Journeyman Lineman, you will be in the Transmission organization that’s responsible for our sub-transmission (66kv and 115kv) construction and maintenance, and bulk power lines (161-500kv) maintenance.
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Installing, removing, and making repairs to overhead and underground transmission, sub-transmission, distribution and communication systems.
- Installing and removing equipment and apparatus. This includes poles, cross arms, towers, enclosures, ducts, piping, transformers, switches, capacitors, pot heads, protective devices, cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic reclosers.
- Installing, removing, splicing, bonding, terminating and testing conductor and cable.
- Using precautionary procedures, necessary tools and safety equipment to work on or near energized lines or equipment.
- Operating test equipment such as amp, volt or ohm meters, phasing and cable test sets, fault finders, and cable locators.
- Operating construction vehicles (up to 1,200 lbs.) in addition to vehicle auxiliaries and other powered equipment.
- You will be working with others, collaborating, instructing and directing apprentices and helpers.
- Maintaining a safety "own it" mindset where you choose to be safe for what and who you value.
- Certified Journeyman Lineman and possess a Journeyman Lineman card.
- Weigh less than 285 pounds. This is due to the weight restrictions of safety equipment used by our linemen.
- Valid Class A motor vehicle operator's license.
- Experience working with utility poles (including ascending and descending climbing).
- Experience as a Distribution or Transmission Journeyman Lineman.
- Skills in electrical utility construction methods and standards, overhead and underground materials, use of hand or power tools, and operation of construction equipment.
- Knowing the fundamentals of electricity, electrical circuitry and operation of electrical equipment.
- Applied mechanical principles to rigging and the operation of tools and equipment, test instruments and procedures, accident prevention rules, and safe work practice.
- Dedication to working safely and skillfully.
- Great at following instructions given in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Appreciate adventurous work environments where you can climb poles and structures high off the ground or way down low in teeny tiny vault spaces.
- Experience with State General Orders 95 and 128.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others. Enjoy rolling up the sleeves to perform various types of line work in numerous types of climates.
- CPR certification from Red Cross or American Heart Association.
You should know …
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, hiring process, and more!
- Pre-employment Testing – You may be invited to take some tests as part of the selection process via email. We’ve created an information guide designed to help you know what to expect. We encourage you to review these three tests by referencing Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test 8203), Lineman Physical Performance (Test 4016), and Transmission Lineman Technical Interview (Test 8303) at Link to Information Guides. If you have previously passed them, you may not need to retest.
- Candidates must be available for physical testing at any of the following locations in California: Chino, Westminster, Tulare, and Rosemead.
- This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may apply to this position.
- Flexibility to work overtime including weekends and holidays.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.